Feedback control of Dynamics Systems
Topics covered in this unit include:
- Overview of mathematical models of linear systems (differential equations, transfer function, state space and canonical forms).
- Analysis and performance of single-input single-output feedback systems â zero-input response, zero-state response, transfer function, transient response (rise time, overshoot, settling time), proportional-integral-derivative (PID) compensation, lead-lag compensation).
- Modern control-system analysis and design methods â controllability, observability, cost functions, optimal control, optimal observer and state estimation, multiple-input multiple-output systems).
- Introduction to analysis and design of digital control systems â discrete approximations of continuous systems, transform techniques, state-space methods).
- Applications of control in electronic systems (eg, feedback amplifiers, phase-locked loops) and servo-control systems (eg, for antenna pointing and satellite tracking).
- Use of MATLAB for control-system analysis and design.
S1 Day - Session 1, North Ryde, Day
|Staff Contact(s):||Professor Graham Town|
ELEC240(P) and (ELEC270(P) or ENGG270(P) or ELEC290(P)) and (MATH232(P) or MATH235(P))
Department of Engineering
Faculty of Science and Engineering