Control Systems Engineer Job Description
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, and commissioning Industrial Control Systems, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS). Participates in project identification, project integration, cost estimates, and design and review of plans, specifications, and construction inspection of Control Systems.
- Assists in establishing technical strategy and solutions related to control systems, instrumentation and telemetry needs in construction projects.
- Participates in the development and design of control systems architecture to include component selection, control panel design, detailing schematic diagrams, and instrument drawings.
- Review and analyze Radio Path Studies and analysis of existing and future SAWS Outdoor Wireless Radio infrastructure, and other communications submittals by engineering consultants and internal staff for adherence to project requirements and SAWS standards.
- Reviews and tests PLC code submitted by engineering consultants, contractors and internal staff for adherence to project requirements and SAWS standards.
- Reviews and tests Human Machine Interface (HMI) graphics submitted by engineering consultants, contractors and internal staff for adherence to project requirements and SAWS standards.
- Prepares or reviews drawings and specifications for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), DCS, SCADA, HMI and other related control system requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to implementation teams and ensures control systems implementations follow enterprise wide standards and principals.
- Performs technical feasibility assessments and technology evaluations.
- Assists in developing scope, schedule, budget and staffing requirements for control system services in proposals or projects.
- Collaborates with business users and contract teams in the development of improved business process flows.
- Attends start-up testing associated with new construction projects and conducts routine site inspections as needed.
- Assists in ensuring smooth and expeditious handover of work systems to operational departments.
- Provides technical and professional expertise in the review of asset modifications.
- Prepares, and certifies Control System plans and specifications.
- Prepares and/or reviews construction documents, cost estimates.
- Prepares request for proposals; evaluates interest statement submittals; and ensures effective implementation of professional services contracts.
- Prepares change orders and contract...