Vibration control Systems
LORD Active Vibration Control Systems (AVCS) reduce vibration in the helicopter fuselage generated by the main rotor. Our AVCS provides state-of-the-art, patented algorithms that control steady state and transient vibration, even during start up. In the system, accelerometers measure aircraft vibration levels and signals are sent to a centralized computer. The computer interprets the signals and sends commands to force generators located throughout the aircraft. These force generators create "anti-vibration" that stops the progression of vibration due to the main rotor.
LORD offers both turn-key AVCS as well as AVCS components, adapting our product offerings to suit your specific vibration control needs. For more information, download a copy of the AVCS product bulletin.
Features and Benefits
- Reduce weight — Eliminates heavy passive vibration absorbers
- Improve comfort — Reduces occupant vibration levels in both the cockpit and cabin
- Improve performance — Enables expanded flight envelope within aircraft design limits and extended range
- Reduce direct maintenance cost — Lowers aircraft vibration levels resulting in less vibration-induced fatigue of structures and equipment
- Hindustan Aeronautics, Ltd. (HAL) Indian DHRUV
- Eurocopter EC225/725, EC-130 T2
- Agusta AW-139